Bathroom is the place where we refresh ourselves. And it’s impossible to get refreshed in a bathroom that smells bad. In fact, there is nothing unpleasant around the home than a bathroom with a bad odor. I don’t want to go into the details of how smells influence our mood and everyday life, the thing is, you really need your bathroom to smell good all the time.
So, how about a bathroom that smells like a spa? Well, with a simple trick using the materials you already have at your home, you can have such a bathroom! Let’s go straight to the DIY bathroom air freshener.
Things you will need:
- A jar.
- Cotton balls, you can also use cotton swabs instead.
- Essential oil. Lavender and lemongrass do magic in the bathroom.
Here is what to do:
- Take 3 cotton balls and pour 5 drops of essential oil on each.
- Take a jar and carefully place the cotton balls inside. Carefully because squeezing will remove the oil from inside and also air will not be able to flow through the balls and spread the smell. If you are not comfortable with a jar in your bathroom, you can look for a decorative candle holder instead.
That’s it! Enjoy a bathroom that smells like a spa!
Note: Because smells don’t last forever, you may need to add more oil when the smell fades away or replace the dried up cotton balls with fresh ones.
Want something to save you from the manual labor and still do the same job? You can order an essential oil diffuser. The diffuser will continue working for a set period of time. This will not only make your home smell your favorite essential oil but will also ensure the air in your room is humid enough. You can order one from ExParis here.
While the FDA doesn’t regulate herbs and essential oils, their benefits have been praised for centuries. Some obvious benefits of this recipe include:
- Natural and chemical free smell.
- Cheap and quick to make.
- Essential oil smells have nerve calming and stress relieving properties.
Did you like what you read? Share with others, otherwise thanks for reading!