There is a reason why ‘Japanese health‘ today has become a search engine keyword. Japan is a healthy country, in fact, the healthiest on the planet. The people on this island nation live the healthiest lives and their longevity is breathtaking. And not only do they live longer, they actually look much younger than their age. Just bring a 25 y/o Japanese beside an American of the same age, the later will easily father the poor Japanese. That’s how young they look.
While there are several other factors each playing its role in giving a powerful dose of longevity and rolling back the clock of aging to at least a decade back, today we will specifically talk about the most effective of all_ the iconic Japanese matcha green tea.
Important matcha questions answered
Q. Tell me what matcha actually is?
A. The short answer is, it’s powdered green tea. And the long answer is, matcha or macha is fine powder of specially grown and processed green tea leaves. They are shade-grown for 3 to 4 weeks before harvest. And the milling methods used are also special.
Q. What is the nutritional difference between matcha and regular green tea?
A. Multiple researches have revealed that matcha is a whopping 137 times more potent than regular green tea. 1 cup of matcha = 137 cups of regular green tea_ that’s some point to be noted.
Q. Does matcha really help with weight loss?
A. It definitely does! Because we are going to use matcha for weight loss here, let’s go deeper and see how matcha actually makes this happen? Here is how?
- Matcha is the powerhouse of antioxidants. It contains 3 times more antioxidants than the next 6 antioxidant-rich foods combined. That’s a heavy-duty antioxidant supply machine.
- You already know caffeine is a great energy booster and fat burning agent right? One cup of matcha tea will easily leave your regular joe in shame. It has more caffeine than coffee does. Why go for the coffee jitters instead.
- This green God-sent food is also rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, like A C E and B-complex, and minerals like Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorous, and Magnesium.
- The combined action of all these essential nutrients, when taken in the right way at the right time, results in stunning health benefits like blood pressure control, increased metabolism, improved digestion, maintained blood sugar levels, better liver and brain functionality, and suppressed aging..and all these improvements, in turn, enable your body to burn that unwanted fat like nothing else does_in fact if you customize the use of matcha for that purpose.
Customize matcha for weight loss
Aha, this post is getting longer than expected..let’s zip things up. If you are aiming at shedding that stubborn fat, matcha is there to rescue. Please stick to the below instruction for obvious results!
- Drink two cups of matcha tea a day for a faster weight loss, otherwise one is good to go with.
- Because matcha already tastes good, avoid adding sugar, especially white sugar.
- Don’t drink matcha with milk. Besides reducing the weight loss impact of matcha, milk makes matcha almost ineffective as an anti-aging agent. I will briefly talk about this at the end of this post.
- Don’t forget that no matter how magical matcha is, what goes down the throat always has an impact_Avoid eating junk.
- While it is more impactful on an empty stomach, don’t drink matcha on a completely empty one. This may give you a bad time. Eat a small amount of something healthy and drink your matcha.
- You can do a lot of cooking and baking with matcha. Cookies, granola bars, donuts, smoothies, and the list goes on. But because we want to slim down the waist first, we would rather go with the fat cutter drink. Done with customization, let’s prepare the magic drink!
How to prepare the matcha weight loss drink?
To let matcha go crazily aggressive on fat, we will keep it as raw as possible. In case you are not fine with the taste, ignore your taste buds, not matcha.Print
The Best Matcha tea Recipe For Weight Loss
Lets melt fat with this simple and effective matcha weight loss recipe.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: instant
- Total Time: 3
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Teas
2 tbs organic matcha tea powder.
2 oz water (just under boil)
Add your matcha to a bowl/cup.
Add water and sift/whisk until the tea becomes frothy.
That’s it! Enjoy your matcha and keep and eye on your waist in the days to come.
You may enjoy preparing the tea more with a whisk, that’s the Japanese style. It’s absolutely not necessary though.
Keywords: matcha tea, matcha for weight loss