It is not uncommon to see flower pots, organizers, toys, and various other home products made of aluminum. It’s because aluminum has some amazing contrasting features as a material. It is stronger than steel but far more lighter, durable, malleable and ductile.
You don’t always need to go shopping for aluminum slabs to decorate your home with. Sometimes it’s just there in finished form ready to be used. You just need to look around your kitchen with a repurposing mindset.
In today’s chlorine tutorial, we will make these decorative candle holders below using used aluminum food cans.
Appealing Candleholders in Minutes
You can make beautiful candle holders from aluminum cans for an appealing decoration. Besides being awesome, these candle holders are super simple to make.
You will need:
- 5 tuna cans
- 5 wishing candles
- Decorative paper
- A ruler
- 4 meters of any rough rope.
- Measure the perimeter of the aluminum can.
- Measure and cut the decorative paper to cover the entire perimeter.
- Go ahead, wrap the cutout piece around the perimeter of the can and glue.
- Punch a hole anywhere around the can making sure it sits in the center of the width.
- Pass the rope through and knot both on the inner and outer side of the can.
- Cut the rope at your desired length. Make sure the length of the rope is different for each can so that when they are hanged they don’t stay along the same line.
- Do the same with the rest of the cans and hang them asymmetrically using either a hanger or punching nails directly into the wall. I recommend using a static hanger to avoid too many nails in the wall.
- Finally place a candle in each can and enjoy the stunning display of beauty.
- You can use a different decorative paper for each can.
- If your cans are of different sizes, no worries, it will still look awesome.
- You are free to paint the inner side of the cans with different colors for a multicolor display.
Save this pin to get back later or share the idea with others.