To diversify your menu, we have a recipe for economical meat cutlets with stuffed potatoes. The cutlets are initially lightly fried and then baked in the oven.
It is worth noting that the cooking process is simple,. The dish can both be added as a side dish for a diverse table or the main dish during times of hurry. Home-style cutlets can also be whipped up, and taken to work or even served as a festive dish to guests.
Delicious Baked Cutlets With Potato Fillings
A simple yet tasty side dish recipe that can also be turned into the main dish. Made with meat cutlets stuffed with potatoes and baked in broth.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking & Frying
- Cuisine: Russian
- 500 g minced pork
- 2–3 potatoes
- 1/2 glass of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 glasses of broth
- 2 tbsp. of sour cream
- Salt and hot spices to taste
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
1. Prepare the minced meat for the cutlets: for juiciness, add finely diced onion, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir all added ingredients.
2. Peel and rinse the potatoes. Cut into long, not very thin cubes.
3. Divide the prepared minced meat into about 20 parts. Make flat cakes out of each part, put put one chopped potato and wrap around.
4. Pulling the edges of the minced meat towards the center, wrap and shape the patties as shown in the photo.
5. Initially, they should be fried in oil: for this, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry the cutlets on low heat on all sides.
6. Transfer them to a special baking dish. Pour the broth on top so the cutlets are properly soaked. Add the sour cream, salt, and pepper, and place the dish in the oven.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. Your potato stuffed meat cutlets are ready to be served.
Ready-made meat cutlets with potatoes can also be served as an independent dish, sprinkled with your own gravy on top and sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Keywords: Meat Cutlets, Potato Stuffed Meat