Dishwasher detergents we normally use contain corrosive chemicals for effective cleaning. The downside of these chemicals, however, is that they are harmful to our health as well. It is important to know that a seemingly sparkling clean plate taken out of the dishwasher still contains traces of those chemicals.
Why make your own dishwasher detergent?
Besides saving you tons, there are several other reasons why should you DIY.
- It’s really simple to make. You can literally make your own detergent in minutes.
- Safe to use as it is free from harmful chemicals.
- It gives you options to customize as per your liking like adding your own favorite smell.
- Though free from corrosive chemicals, it is still as heavy-duty as any other powerful detergent.
- The homemade dishwasher detergent is multipurpose. You can use it both of dishwasher and hand cleaning.
You may also like: Homemade Toilet Cleaning Bombs | Only 3 Ingredients
Homemade dishwasher detergent recipe
This dishwasher detergent uses all-natural ingredients and is free from harmful chemicals. And making it yourself, well, it is as easy as preparing your own morning detox.
- 1 cup washing soda (Sodium carbonate)
- 2 cups lemon salt
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- 1 cup borax
- 20-30 drops of lemon essential oil
How to make?
- Take a large size bowl and add all the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix.
- Add the lemon essential oil and mix well.
- Fill your mold with light compression and let it dry at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Your homemade dishwasher detergent is ready to rock.
Note: You can use any essential you want.
Really simple right? Now that you know all the benefits of making your own dishwasher detergent, you may want to share it with others. OR save this pin to come back later, else thanks for reading.