What we already know about Jose Altuve is that he is a Venzuvalean second baseman who plays for Houston Astros of MLB. A 5′.6” decorated dude who has a 100th career home run and 1500th career hit.
If you are curious to know more about this well-determined player who owes MLB several tough wins, you will love to know the following ten interesting things about him.
- Videos released by Astros on the faith day event revealed that Altuve is a practicing Christian.
- On Oct 1st, 2016, Altove got a trophy from God_ his wife Nina gave birth to their first child.
- Houston Astros had declined Altuve participation in a tryout camp in Maracay when he was 16. He was called too short and was suspected of lying about his age.
- Altuve moved to the United States in 2008 after hitting 343 in Venzuvalean Summer League in 2007.
- Altuve is one of the most decorated players with stunning career highlights and prestigious awards.
- Here is an inspirational quote from him:
”It’s not like I go out on the field thinking that I’m 5-6 and I’m the smallest guy out there. I’m just trying to help my team win games. You win a championship, and you feel 7 feet tall.”
- This is what he has written on his Instagram bio in Spanish ”Dios te ama … Me gusta dormir” which translats into ”God loves you … I like to sleep”.
- Altuve does not hold a college degree.
- And finally, below is his family:
Altuve with his wife and daughter.
With his father, mother and brother.