With all the other health benefits turmeric has to offers, one specific turmeric potential has made it the first choice for many. I am, in fact, talking about the fat burning capability of this natural medicine. And we have a tool to extract those resources. Our turmeric coffee will enable us to tap a range of those potentials to our benefit.
How does turmeric help with weight loss?
Turmeric aids in weight loss in a number of different ways. The medically proven ways on how turmeric does this are as under:
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric. A polyphenol that targets the areas of inflammation.
- Being overweight or obese is associated with the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines. And curcumin curbs the production of these cytokines.
- It improves digestion and metabolism.
- Detoxifies liver.
Turmeric-coffee smoothie for weight loss
Simple and tasty turmeric smoothie. Good for the taste buds, aggressive on accumulated fat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 glass 1x
- Category: smoothies
1 glass freshly brewed black coffee
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and your turmeric coffe is ready.
Drink on an empty stomach for obvious results.
If you don’t want to use the blender, just add the ingredients to the hot coffee and whisk/stir well. This will, however, make the drink less smooth.
Keywords: turmeric smoothie, weight loss drinks