One of the most popular weight loss tips is the plate rule. It is based on the principle of dividing food for each dish, where half must necessarily be vegetables and herbs. There is certainly logic in this, because such foods, although low in calories, saturate for a long time.
Our selection of the 10 best vegetables for weight loss will diversify the menu, will not let you lose weight on diets or starvation, as well as improve your appearance and speed up the desired result.
The main plus of vegetables for weight loss is a large amount of fiber, which exhibits a lot of useful properties. For example, the fibers in vegetables satisfy hunger, creating a long-lasting feeling of satiety, speed up metabolism, normalize intestinal microflora, and support digestion. There are also many minerals with vitamins, water. The healthiest vegetables are low in calories, which allows them to be eaten in large portions at each meal, including in the evening.
1. Fresh Cucumbers
Why cucumber for weight loss?
Removes toxins and excess fluid, makes you feel satiated, helps cleanse the digestive tract, intestine, and boosts metabolism.
- Flushes out retained digestive track residue.
- Good for cardiovascular health.
- Helps cleanse blood vessels, and kidneys.
- Normalizes the blood lipid profile, and hormonal background.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Magnesium and phosphorus In cucumbers help improve sleep quality by relieving neural relieve fatigue.
Daily consumption: Up to 700 g equivalent of 5-6 small-sized cucumbers.
2. White Cabbage
Why cabbage for weight loss?
Prohibits excess fat deposition and known to fight against chronic inflammation. Researches have shown that white cabbage also communicates with the brain part responsible for hunger.
- Like other fiber-rich vegetables, cabbage also helps with digestion and digestive tract cleansing.
- Contains up to 91% water, and rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- A great vegetable to help normalize the blood sugar level.
- Fights against the deposition of bad cholesterol.
Daily consumption: Up to 200 g, no later than 4 hours before bed.
3. Bell Pepper
Why Bell Pepper for weight loss?
Bell pepper is an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, and Potassium. It helps replenish the body’s stock of nutrients. The vegetable helps maintain a healthy microflora important for the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Improves eyesight health.
- A great source of antioxidants like luteolin, lutein or zeaxanthin, capsaicin, and quercetin.
- Improves the lipid profile, and strengthens the heart muscle.
- Rich in Potassium, the Bell pepper is also a vegetable loved by the central nervous system.
Daily consumption: Up to 100 g.
4. Celery Stalks
Why Celery stalk for weight loss?
Celery stalk is such an amazing vegetable rich in vitamins, minerals, beta flavonoids, and at least 12 different antioxidants.
The vegetable is crowned as one of the best natural remedies to different types of inflammation issues in the digestive tract. Celery has a mild laxative effect that increases bowel movement resulting in a thorough gastrointestinal cleaning.
Additionally, Celery is a vegetable that consumes more energy to be digested than it releases, a simple equation of weight loss.
- Contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids.
- A single celery stalk contains at least 12 different kinds of antioxidants.
- Phytonutrients, celery is rich with, are known to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.
- A study published on the US National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health shows that Celery can prevent cardiovascular diseases, jaundice, liver and lien diseases, urinary tract obstruction, gout, and rheumatic disorders.
Daily consumption: Up to 150 g of fresh stems or up to 100 ml of celery juice.
5. Fresh Tomatoes
Why tomatoes for weight loss?
A widely consumed vegetable that is, in fact, the major source of the antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene helps with reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
A team of scientists at the Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences at North Carolina State University studied the health effects of Lycopene_a non-provitamin A carotenoid that is responsible for the red to pink colors seen in tomatoes.
The research suggested that Lycopene is in fact useful in reducing the risks of chronic diseases like cardiovascular diseases (CVD) and cancer.
The vegetable also accelerates metabolic processes in adipose tissue, the intensity of adipocyte oxidation, and suppresses inflammation.
Being a great source of Vitamin C, tomatoes slow down the formation of fat deposits in the body.
- A major source of Lycopene.
- A rich source of Vitamin C, K, Potassium, and folate.
- One fresh tomato can provide 28% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) of Calcium.
- Potassium is an essential mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.
- Vitamin B9 also called folate is an important ingredient for normal tissue growth
Daily consumption: No more than 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes.
Why Zucchini for weight loss?
One of the ideal vegetables for weight loss enthusiasts. Low in calories, high in both soluble and non-soluble fiber, and rich in a host of minerals and vitamins including Vitamin A, Manganese, Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin K.
- Fights bad cholesterol and controls blood sugar.
- Zucchini helps strengthen the digestive tract, heart and blood vessels, liver, joints, and the immune system.
- A rich source of an extended list of essential nutrients. The vegetable contains Vitamin A, Manganese, Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin K, Folate, Copper, Phosphorus,
Vitamin B6, Thiamine, small amounts of Iron, Copper, and Zinc.
Daily consumption: Up to 200 g in any form.
Why broccoli for weight loss?
Suppression of inflammatory processes, participation in the normalization of digestion and intestinal microflora. Fiber helps to fill the stomach, as a result, the center of hunger is inhibited, and the total calorie content of the diet decreases. Of all the vegetables for weight loss, broccoli is one of the healthiest, as it contains many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids.
What are the benefits of the product: Neutralization of radicals, support of the heart, blood vessels due to the correction of the lipid profile, improvement of central nervous system functions. Broccoli affects the immune system, gastrointestinal tract, bones, teeth, and oral cavity.
Norm per day: There are no special restrictions, but 200-300 g of cabbage is enough.
Why is it suitable for losing weight: A source of fiber, soluble fiber, this composition of components improves the functions of the gastrointestinal tract. The microbial balance along the intestinal walls improves, the absorption of glucose and starch slows down. Long-term satiety is created, helping a vegetable who is losing weight to eating less food during the day.
What are the benefits of the product: Improving the lipid profile of the blood, maintaining and protecting eye health, preventing the development of anemia, strengthening bones. Such a vegetable has a beneficial effect on cells, teeth, metabolism, and the brain.
Norm per day: It is recommended up to 300 g of root vegetables (3-4 medium carrots).
9. Green and White Radish
Why is it suitable for losing weight: Stimulating metabolic processes and reducing the thickness of body fat, removing toxins from toxins. This type of radish supports food processing and the absorption of nutrients in the digestive tract. They are part of a vegetable for losing weight vitamins C, group B, potassium, iron, copper.
What is the use of the product: Strengthening the immune defense, supporting the full functioning of the central nervous system, improving the appearance of hair, skin, and nails from the inside. The consumption of radish is useful for vision, blood composition, blood vessels, heart, thyroid gland.
Norm per day: Up to 200 g, this is enough to replenish the supply of nutrients.
Why is it suitable for losing weight: Restoring the composition of the microflora of the intestinal walls, improving digestion, reducing appetite after consumption. This vegetable, useful for losing weight, delivers a mass of substances to the body, which is often lost on diets during the period of struggle with excess weight.
What is the use of the product: Strengthening bones, reducing the pressure in blood vessels, regulating metabolism in the nervous tissue, supporting the brain, and destroying free radicals. Benefits for the skin, hormonal levels.
Norm per day: 200-300 g of cabbage is enough.
Weight loss is all about eating less and burning more. Vegetables are a great fit to satisfy this equation. Green vegetables are highly rich in fiber, other essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals while extremely low in calories. Make sure to introduce a good portion of vegetables into your diet for a faster and healthier weight loss.